Up | Down

 

Things start slowing down for you and I.

~ ~
It's been a long, long, long, long time...

This feels somewhat familiar. But only in the tiniest shroud.

The other week was met with fateful coincidence that turned into a full-fledged, afternoon-to-evening re-acquaintance with an old friend. Drinks, new spirits, old souls; recollections, travel, mystery; future ramblings, readings, and adventure ensued for the rest of the remaining availability of the day. Looking back on the time, neither anxiety nor agitation arose - it was like falling back into something familiar and secure, reckless and spontaneous. It was exactly like that, and it was something I didn't really realize I missed so much.

Sometimes I forget what it's like to have friends and be with someone who cares, or what it's like to not have to anticipate the future and to just sing along to songs and memories of the past. Atop peaks of mountains in the darkening evening breeze or within internal discord, it was refreshing in both the literal and figurative sense.

As for current situations, I am starting to truly believe that things will work out, one way or another. Anxiety for the near-future has not completely been vanquished, but the only way to relieve it is to endure it. Scenarios may not necessarily be black or white, but a 'now-or-never' mentality is what has been sustaining my focus.

The pains on my heart is starting to weaken; a spirit I used to know is starting to awaken.
 
Template designed by Choen;
customized by marionlg.
© 2009 - Ad infinitum
I am proudly powered by Blogger.