Up | Down

 

Unbridled.

~ ~
I've been wearing contacts this entire day and everyone has failed to notice or comment. Although it may seem trivial, it isn't to me.

I have had to wear specially-made lenses in my glasses for the past year due to the side effects that occurred with my meningitis, namely the double-vision that rendered me useless to see with both my eyes open. The infection in my spinal cord and meninges somehow managed to pinch off some nerves in my eye that skewered my vision - something that many doctors said may not heal, though they tried to act hopeful. After months without my vision healing and a follow-up with one of the doctors from the hospital, I didn't expect anything else to happen and pushed it away from my mind. Honestly, the only thing that frightened me the most throughout those months was having double-vision indefinitely.
Yes, I rocked the pirate patch, but I'd rather it be a fashion statement than a needed accessory.

Being able to wear contacts for the first time in close to a year without seeing straight angles crooked and multiples of singular figures is pretty fucking momentous. 
 
Template designed by Choen;
customized by marionlg.
© 2009 - Ad infinitum
I am proudly powered by Blogger.