Up | Down

 

$$

~ ~
Most people have had a piggy bank.. or at least have seen one. You might have been one of the hopefuls who dreamed of one day filling up your piggy bank to the brim with hard-earned, hard-found coins, anxiously waiting for the time to break it open and revel on how much you've saved for x number of years (or how-much-money-that-may-not-have-actually-belonged-to-you to cash in).

I've had the piggy bank on the right since elementary school - a gift from a bank to celebrate my young birthday. I never was one to actively scavenge for coins; it was a slow process, one that merely called when it was time to clean and there were scattered, forlorn coins underneath bed posts and behind wooden frames. It's been quite the journey since those days..

In any case, I filled it up several months ago. It was only until two, three, four, or five days ago that I got around to pulling out the coin wrappers and rolling change. Due to the limited wrappers I had and the uneven amount of coins that were still around in the end, I finished with $45 rolled and about half of my piggy bank still occupied.

How many people actually finish their piggy banks? I don't know the answer and I don't know if you have, but I feel pretty darn accomplished.
 
Template designed by Choen;
customized by marionlg.
© 2009 - Ad infinitum
I am proudly powered by Blogger.